Architour has some good ideas for walks in Rotterdam….HERE
Some good information and illustrations here
An indispensable website, and worth exploring thoroughly! Dive in and your evening may disappear.
- Leading the way in reducing CO2 emissions – bio-based economy
- Energy savings
- Converting to sustainable energy and biomass raw materials
- Stimulating sustainable mobility and transport – Eco-driving and Electric Transport Centre
- Reducing noise pollution and improving the air quality
- More trees and green areas in the city – Roof Park Rotterdam
- Increasing investments in sustainability and stimulating sustainable products and services
- Increasing public support for sustainability and firmly anchoring sustainability in education and research
- Preparing for the consequences of climate change – Floating communities, water plazas, green roofs programme, Rotterdam Adaption Strategy
- Stimulating sustainable urban and regional development
As I’m looking on future flooding, an idea of “floating city” maybe cool ?
I took some video when we visited the Arthur Willis Environment Center this morning. Our contact, Steve, talked really candidly about the building’s requirements and specification, and his involvement in its design and procurement, especially the details of the growing environments and research facilities.